These chocolate almond energy bites come together quickly in a food processor. Sweetened with dates and packed with nut protein, they are just right when a snack attack hits!
- Add dried dates to the food processor with the “s” chopper blade. Process until mostly smooth. Remove dates to a bowl.
- Process almonds in the food processor until it looks like a coarse flour.
- With the almonds still in the food processor, add the cocoa powder, hemp seeds and almond butter. Process until just combined.
- Add the dates and salt back to the food processor and process until the mixture resembles a moist and thick dough.
- Remove mixture from the processor and refrigerate covered for 15 minutes or so.
- Use an ice cream or cookie dough scoop to measure about 2 tablespoons of dough. Roll into a ball. Repeat until all the dough is used. It should make about 16 chocolate energy bites.
- Roll in cocoa powder, coconut, hemp seeds, or finely chopped nuts if desired.
- Refrigerate any not eaten the same day.
These freeze beautifully!
The nutritional information is for chocolate energy bites without any of the optional roll-ins.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Ish
Keywords: chocolate, ish