I rescued three very ripe small mangos from the fruit bowl to put together this power Mango Hemp Superfood Smoothie. Star players include hemp seeds, almonds, and maca powder.
I think you’ll enjoy this treat. If you like your smoothies very cold make sure to add the ice cubes.
- Add the almond milk to the blender first to avoid having to finesse the ingredients into a liquid.
- If you don’t have plant protein powder feel free to omit it. It’s not exactly whole food, but the brand I use is basically dehydrated and powdered vegetables. I like to add it to smoothies when I’m not sure my protein intake is enough to satisfy me for the day.
- Feel free to use any nuts — the small amounts of nuts. coconut and hemp seeds are providing the natural fats that you need to feel satiated.
- Unless you don’t mind khaki green food, you might want to pour this one into a colorful happy glass. Frankly, the color never bothers me — I am fond of all smoothie colors. Even brown.
- If you like mango, check out my other Mango Smoothie.
Combine all ingredients in your Vitamix or other high-speed blender. Process on high for at least one minute. Add more ice and process another 20 minutes if you like it cold.
You can use this healthy smoothie as a meal replacement if you can down the entire recipe.
Keywords: mango, smoothie